Here is a look into my second month with the Ipsy Glam Bag subscription. Each month, Ipsy sends a custom bag filled with 4-5 beauty items. Most are trial sized, but there is also usually at least one full size item.
- Beauty Rocks Bag: I like this one much better than last month’s. It’s a bit bigger and made out of a material similar to a light spring jacket.
- Elizabeth Mott – Pop! Goes the Shadow – Champagne (full size): This is a very safe color. It has been a nice, light neutral cover that I use as a base. There is a slight bit of shimmer which I don’t prefer to have in my eyeshadows, but it’s not overwhelming. Unfortunately, I dropped this recently and ruined it. Value before I dropped it: $12.99
- Big Sexy Hair – Root Pump Volumizing Spray Mousse (sample size): I’m sure this product is great, but I don’t have a hairstyle that calls for this type of product. I made sure to go into my IpsyMatch quiz and made some changes to avoid hair products in the future. A 10.6 ounce full size version is $17.95, so I estimate the value of 1.6 ounces at: $2.50
- Dr. Brandt – Microdermabrasion (sample size): I didn’t think I would like this, but I ended up loving it. It has a very pleasant lemon scent, and my skin felt so soft and smooth after using it. I would have bought a full size right away if it weren’t so dang expensive! The good news is that I reviewed it highly on Ipsy and changed my IpsyMatch quiz to indicate that I would like to try more microdermabrasion products. I’m getting another brand of microdermabrasion in May’s bag that is much lower priced but still highly rated. I’m excited to try it! A full size version is $78.00 for 2 oz., so I estimate the value of 7.5g (.26 oz.) at: $10.00
- Starlooks – Luscious Longwear Lip Pencil – Naked (full size): Since I prefer neutral colors, I was pretty excited to try this. Doesn’t naked kind of imply flesh tones? Well, my flesh would have to be a pretty bright peachy color to match this lip pencil. Wearing it on it’s own…not a fan, but it does look alright under tinted lipgloss. Value: $14.00
- Urban Decay – 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil – Black Velvet (travel size): This was the winner for me that resulted in a pricy shopping spree at Urban Decay. This eyeliner is just awesome. It glides on easily and doesn’t budge all day. I have always had difficulty with eyeliner. When I leave for work in the morning, my eyeliner has a line right up against my eyelashes. Somehow by the middle of the day, I swear it’s physically moved up my eyelid, leaving a skin strip of nothingness between my eyelashes and the newly formed eyeliner strip. What the heck? I am happy to report that Urban Decay’s eyeliner has been my solution. I love it! When I first visited the Urban Decay website, I was having a hard time coughing up $20.00 for one eye pencil. I then discovered a set of 8 eyeliners with a pencil sharpener on sale for $39.00 at Urban Decay. It does include many colors that I won’t use, but there are at least 3 that I will use (plus I got myself a great pencil sharpener). Urban Decay also sells a travel set of 6 eyeliners for $24.00 From what I’ve gathered, the full size is 0.04 oz., while the travel size is 0.03 oz. Not a huge difference! Estimated value of travel size: $10
Total Estimated Value of Beauty Items in this Month’s Bag: $49.50
This month was great! The whole reason why I joined Ipsy was to try products without the risk, and I ended up finding 2 that I loved (Dr. Brandt and Urban Decay), and one that I could afford (Urban Decay). Once again, I received over $40 worth of products, a bag, and shipping for $10. Add to that, Ipsy offers discounts and/or incentives for every item they send out during the month (even if the product wasn’t chosen for my bag). I really think this is such a cool deal.
If you’ve found my review helpful and would like to join Ipsy, please consider using my referral code: http://www.ipsy.com/r/7u3l
Items Ipsy offered in the month of April: